December is here already and hopefully you will have some break in your work schedule to recharge.
Use just a small part of that time to do something for your career, by updating your Linked In profile perhaps or your CV. By updating either a CV or your Linked In profile you capture your career information before it is forgotten, showcasing your experiences to current/ future clients and future employers. You are also better placed should a role arise that interests you at any point in the future.
This month: Update your profile and CV
We recently welcomed Julie Nilsson a very experienced legal secretary with a corporate background to our team. We worked together to update her Linked In profile and it was no mean feat! In your profile you can update your role but you also have to go into your settings to do it comprehensively, so a word of warning do use a guide if you are updating roles. See this Linked In guide.
If you don’t have a CV at all then we can send you a template to start from. In updating your CV add in your:
- Key achievements: based on your annual review perhaps
- Interesting or unusual cases and deals
- Business development work: include specifics of new clients or new work generated
- What new initiatives have you instigated or which of your ideas have been taken on at your current firm or organisation?
- Accreditations and memberships that you have achieved
Always better to have too much in draft email that can be edited down later, than to have too little in a CV and be trying to ‘pad it out’ in future.
Feel free to drop myself, Ali or Julie a message over the Christmas period which will be here before we know it! If we don’t see you out networking beforehand have a lovely break.