I read a great deal of online content every week. I flag a good deal of the legal articles via my Linked In, Facebook and Twitter accounts to help people who are too busy to distil all the information out there!
It is a habit that I have become used to and one which hopefully helps others.
This month: Make habits that help your career
Take some time this month when it is (hopefully) quieter in the office to think of habits that you can build into your working routine to strengthen your career prospects. Some ideas could be:
- Spread the word about what you do with followers on social media
- Make a habit of attending local networking events
- Make sure every achievement is flagged to your boss or line manager
- Form a habit of thanking your team for their hard work
- Routinely use your CRM or CMS to capture information and reduce your work in the long term
These small actions once routine will help to build your career and enhance your working life. For a whole website dedicated to how habits help see jamesclear.com.
One habit I would recommend is that you regularly update your CV with details of interesting, relevant, challenging or large scale pieces of work that you conduct throughout the year (or even just scribble them in a particular note pad). That way when it is time to get a CV together for your next career move you are not trying to recap over years from memory alone.
Once again thanks for reading, Happy Christmas if we are not in touch beforehand!