How do you measure success?
Over the last year I have been talking to a business coach. Its been a really interesting journey and the discussions have always proved both enlightening and challenging in equal measure!
It has made me think about the big picture in a way that is hard to do independently when you are so close to something.
This month: How do I measure my own career success?
There is never a bad time to think about your own career and whether it is where you want to be. Success can be measured in many ways it might be:
- A promotion to associate/ salaried partner
- A qualification under the belt – CILEX, CLC, STEP, mediation, AvMA etc
- More time to spend with your family
- Making time to fit in hobbies, activities (perhaps volunteering) or exercise that is important to you
- Deciding to commit to a holiday or time off
- Buying that house/ car/ helicopter (!) that you’ve always wanted!
- Getting a team around you that supports your work
- Building a department
- Finding a job that fits with your other life commitments