We strive to treat every individual that we work with as just that, an individual.
We are always honest and open about what we can and cannot do, about feedback and about the different types of firm and the opportunities within the market place.
We know that there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to a legal career, or indeed a life path.
We want to work with you and help you along your chosen career path to the best of our abilities. The hope is that we enhance your career path and open doors for you, as we certainly have done for many others in the past.
Fill us in on your plans and aspirations
In order to do this we need to have a two way conversation about your current situation, your desires to be achieved/ work towards and your horrors to avoid/ move away from. Integrity has to be at the heart of our relationship with you, as it is in our relationships with organisations too. Within the professional, legal world integrity is as you know paramount.
We will always:
- Give personal CV drafting advice for free to individuals who we are working with
- Provide our unique and detailed insights into the local market based on personal relationships
- Ensure we give honest feedback, on a CV, an interview, a firm or an opportunity in the market
- Help with career planning
- With our unique link up with Skylark we can offer coaching where appropriate
- Try our utmost to get the best deal we can for you in terms of salary, position, benefits, working arrangements or whatever else is important to you in order to meet your career aspirations.
We ask in return that you:
- Be honest about what you are trying to achieve or avoid
- Give us all the information on firms that you would rather / rather not work for (we have heard all the reasons and all the horror stories and anything you say will be confidential between us)
- Tell us any existing contacts with law firms and where your CV has gone. We know it is common to have relationships with other third parties, we always recommend exclusivity for total confidentiality and security over which firms have received your CV and to get the best possible service from us but if you already have your CV out there tell us, it really doesn’t matter, but we really need to know!
- Keep us updated on any pay rise or bonuses that you are receiving so that we can make sure salary negotiations kick off from the right point. And yes, we have also handled situations where salaries are embarrassingly low, we know it can happen and we can help.
- Give us all the details of why you left a firm or organisation, again we really have heard it all and it really is confidential between us and you. There are 2 sides to every story and we are happy to hear yours.